SC - [Fwd: [Shire X] Oh, My, so This is what they eat in CAID . . . .]

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Fri Apr 28 19:41:13 PDT 2000

>     I'm playing catchup on backlogged CAIDan email . . .

I prefer mustard and malt vinegar, myself...:)

> >8. Meeter's Kraut Juice (Stokely USA): Yes, that's sauerkraut juice, which

The folklore in Russia, or at least our neck of the Siberian woods was
that pickle juice was a cure for the vodka last night (also eating a
pickle bit of food to chase the shot was a common practice). I'll stick
to the banya....

> >7. Guycan Corned Mutton with Juices Added (Bedessee Imports): The best

Also from Siberia, was "Beef in Juice" (and this must be said and though
of as a single word, as in BeefinJuice.). We had two brands, the lesser
of which I might describe as a medium to quality dog food. A few
by-products and connective tissue still attached. Easier to eat cold
(less goo). The better brand (Italian import from Argentina) was like a
low grade tinned beef, which it was. Not too bad. Might prefer it over
Spam on most days.

What, no pickled rattan? I can get you some....

Seumas