SC - SC: OT help needed

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Apr 28 23:31:27 PDT 2000

Have spent the afternoon playing in the Florilegium and the List
archives.  Have LOTS of files copied to or opened in MS Word 6 or 7.
Now, I have to edit them, and this is where I need help.  I am an
absolute control freak in regard to justified margins!  I can select all,
set the justified margin, and save the file.

 Now, as I edit, I can make the text justified, usually cutting the file
down by many pages, as they arrive in halfpage width from the web, list
serves, archives, etc.  This preserves much storage space on the hard
disk or zip disks, etc.

The only way I know how to do this is to go to the bottom of the file,
whether 2 pp, 58 pp as in Stephan's 'utensils', or about 159pp of the
recipes in the Miscelleny.  Then, hit 'home', 'backspace', 'spacebar',
and repeat for every line of the whole ********* file!

I really do have more of a life than that!  [and my fingertips hurt!]  In
my old Atari word processor there was a 'reformat' button to push, and
the section you high-lighted reformatted into justified text that filled
the lines.  I either don't know the right terms to do it in Microsoft,
they haven't thought of it yet, or I'm the only person in the wlole world
that cares.  Is there anybody out there who knows how to do this?
Please????????

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com