SC - at the market

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Apr 28 23:31:27 PDT 2000

Cairistiona,

My spice book says sumac is sprinkled on fish by the LebanesSyrians; the
Iraquis and Turks add it to salads; and the Iranians and Georgians season
kebabs with it.  It goes well with lentils, in a stuffing for chicken,
with raw onions, and mixed with yoghurt.  I think I've seen it called for
in some of Cariadoc's recipes on the web.

Grains of Paradis are Aframomum melegueta.  Also known as Guinea pepper
or Guinea grains, and Melegueta pepper.  Native to West Africa.

Sounds like you are having fun exploring.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com