SC - Re:period food/demo's

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 16:05:25 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/2000 1:24:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
evfemia at mail.com writes:

<< How does one go about it?  Do you usually have mundane people signed up
 ahead of time so you know how much to bring.  Does one typically charge
 by the plate or can the cost be low enough to not have to charge.  >>

The one I did for the Girl Scout leaders was a class they had to register for
ahead of time, so I knew I would have 24 people.  I requested a $2/person
charge; they paid that to the council, and I was reimbursed for $2 times the
number of people who signed in.  I actually had 20 show up, so I got $40 back
of the $55 I spent.  Not bad.

The other times I've done it I've just made a bunch of munchies and served
them until they were gone.  Usually my fellow shire members are really good
about dealing with the leftovers if I overestimate.  I've never charged for
this sort of tasting, and I'm not sure if I legally could.  If
non-perishables are involved, I use what I can out of the shire stores (which
I keep at my house anyway) and just buy the stuff I need fresh.  I could
technically get reimbursed from the shire for it, since the food is for an
SCA activity, but I haven't needed to.

Brangwayna Morgan