SC - Re:Quince Fruit

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 30 08:42:51 PDT 2000

Gwynydd of Culloden commented on my statement-
"I can't imagine where you are getting fresh quinces
this time of year."

seasons are reversed.<<<<
I'm quite aware of seasonal precession caused by axial tilt,
though most Americans don't seem to remember it.  Many
will have trouble coping with the SUMMER Olympics not being
in Summer this year (From their POV).

My comment derives from the very high prices of this
specialty fruit and its customary availability mostly at
the Yule season.  The price he quoted was very reasonable
as the individual fruits are often $2 or more EACH around
here.  Hardly any average mundane ever buys them as they
are clueless as how to prepare them (most don't know you
have to cook them).  As such, I was baffled as to the (apparent)
importing of them this time of year as they are not a popular
item in America, NOT that they are unavailable from the southern
hemisphere.  I assumed South America as Chile is the major
supplier.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"