SC - Re: saffron

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Apr 2 10:15:59 PDT 2000

A good friend of mine, knowing my interest in medieval cooking, actually brought
back a bag of "turkish saffron" for me when she went to Greece a while ago.  I'd
saved it for quite a while, since I love saffron, and wanted to put this to good
use.  I used it in a cheese tart recipe, and was quite disappointed at the
results--very little additional color, and no taste difference at all, that I
could detect.  Looking back, it must be safflower that I got.
- --Maire, who's solving _that_ problem by ordering and planting her own saffron
crocuses (croci?).