SC - Re: saffron

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 03:18:31 PDT 2000

No, Bal, we "worship" saffron because it was used in
period, not because of "modern" tastes.  Using Yellow
#5 is not acceptable because Yellow #5 wasn't even
known during period.  And changing a spice from a
period recipe to something else just because, isn't
good period re-enactment.  While you a probably a very
good modern cook, you need to learn what is period
practice and what is not.  Which is why I offered to
let you look at my library.  I unfortunately don't get
to Wintermist very often.  The closest I usually ever
get is Dun Or and not often either.  I am not a good
long-distance driver.

Huette