SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Mon Apr 3 04:35:46 PDT 2000

If I may be so bold as to pose this question a little differently, why is
arrowroot not period even if its source is the new world.  Trading with the
"new world" dates to as early as 400 - 500 AD (Irish) 1065 (Norse) and 1500
(Spanish) all of which are period.  We know that the Norse traded European
foods to the natives, it made them sick! So why not the reverse?  I am a
"new cook" but if we really mean by "period" European, then we should say
so.

Muirghen