SC - sugar

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 16:09:59 PDT 2000

Cairistiona wrote:
>Anyway, thanks for the info about making golden syrup, etc.  Is
>there any comparison list available?  I mean, I can get golden syrup
>easily enough in Oz, but what do I look for in a country which
>prefers American expressions?

I see cans of Golden Syrup, imported from England, in my supermarket
in California. Try several aisles - baking, imported food, gourmet
food - you can even try asking someone, but i know they don't always
know the stock, after all, there's so much in a supermarket.

If your supermarket doesn't carry it, try gourmet shops near you (if
there are any). Also, some larger cities have English import shoppes
that have tea cozies, and Irish china, and English and Scottish and
Irish, and maybe some Welsh, food stuffs. They're quite likely to
have Golden Syrup.

Of course, if all else fails, i'm sure some business is selling it on
the internet.

Anahita al-shazhiyya