SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 4 04:50:28 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> And, to confuse matters even more, has anyone seen the Discovery Channel
> special about the  "Forgotten Mummies of Asia" or whatever it was called?
> Perfectly preserved Viking mummies on the Mongol Steppes, or some such...
> Pretty cool, but kind of throws a wrench into the works, I would imagine.
> Does this mean Stir Fry is a period Viking dish?

The Takla Makan mummies are apparently Celtic, people descended from a
group of Europeans travelling East, or, far more likely, a group of
Celts who simply never migrated West. The people of the area surrounding
the site where the  mummies were discovered are technically Chinese, but
do tend to have distinctly Eurasian features, frequently red, brown or
even blonde hair, and they do make lover-ly plaids and houndstooth-check
woolen fabric.

Whether or not the local cuisine includes, say, Dublin Coddle, remains
to be seen.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy