OT - Re: SC - Re: saffron

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Apr 4 13:22:22 PDT 2000

>From Gwynydd Unto Diana d'Avignon:

You make some very good points in your post - the only thing that I would
add is that some of us joined for the dressing up and then found ourselves
getting more and more interested in actual period subjects!  It can be a
slow process, but it is better to allow the person to reach that point
themselves than to force it on them IMO.  Mind you, I would balk at the
"elf" ears too!

Ynys Fawr is a very tolerant Barony, and that is just the way I like it.  We
do respect attempts at authenticity, but at the same time, I have never
received so much as a dirty look for my headress with garb conflicts!  (I
don't sew and am dependant on other's generosity, or sales!)  Nor does
anyone mind if a story I tell is out of period - in fact I think that they
would only notice if I mentioned potatoes or aeroplanes!  I know how much
research I have done into a story and that is good enough for me (mind you,
if I am really proud of what I have found out, anyone who speaks to me
afterwards is likely to hear all about it).

Gwynydd