SC - Re Gerard's Herbal

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 5 07:10:02 PDT 2000

>Did you get the full bells and whistles Dover edition (10 pounds or so
>& $100) or just the little Dover abridged version?

I have tried Dover on line, and they send me to Amazon.  When I have tried
to enter the title, I get nothing or out of print at best.  Thank you for
your comments concerning the Book.  I am not a  botanist, but found the
source fascinating.  100 for the book seems like a lot.  I am trying to
plant period plants both in my vegetable, herbal and flowers beds.  I
realize that some species just may not be available. Yet with his
illustrations, I might be able to have something close.  I have downloaded
Stephen's files on herbs and have attempted to get some of those volumes to
review.  My lady says I tend to over research things.   I welcome any
further comments.

Thanks
Lrd Frederich Holstein der Tollhase