SC - Period Dining Atmosphere (Was RE: Saffron)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 09:10:03 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Then does it become okay to improvise, or
 do we become stagnant, afraid to make a decision because we have no more
 historical proof?  >>

Perhaps, but after 17 years of recreating period dishes including the use of
new recipes in every feast, I have not begun to exhaust the period resources
available.

A nice collection of period cookery manuals are webbed and there are
literally several hundred recipes available from the Web.

Granted not all of the resources available are available to every person but
then again there is no field of study where all of the resources are
available to any single individual.

Personally, I have begged manuscripts, spent long hours in library stacks
with the copying machine, clipped articles from periodicals, taken copious
notes, worked in kitchens, etc. My current collection of worked out recipes
contains over 2 hundred from this list alone not including the 100 plus I
have worked out myself.

The information is available. Asking for it usually works well. :-)

Ras