SC - Apples for Cider

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 01:01:56 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 10:40:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

> I have no idea whether pears could be substituted for apples with this
>  yeast strain, but you might also check this file:
>  perry-msg          (9K)  8/24/99    A cider made with pear juice.
>
>  I wish you luck. While I've never had a mead fail, I've never had
>  a cider work out.

Pears would probably work out great with this yeast (provided it is the
actual Lambic yeast, and not just a yeast purchased from the area).  The
yeast naturally causes wort or must to sour, but not like vinegar.  A
secondary fermentation (usually for ales) with crushed fruit is very good
with this strain of yeast, or so it seems.  I just know that I LOVE
Lindemann's Peche, Kriek, and Framboise Lambics.  Sour, fruity beer...who'da
thunk it?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.