SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 02:24:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/6/00 2:00:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

>  > >  Kinda hard to do any redacting without doing some cookin', ain't it?
;-)

>  > Not really, if we are using the same definition of "redaction":
>  > re-dact: To prepare, as for publication;  edit;  revise  2.) To draw up
or
>  > frame, as a message or edict. (Funk and Wagnall's Standard Desk
Dictionary,

>  > V2 1984)
>  > Is this the one you were thinking of?
>
>  Not really. I think of redaction (didn't we just hash over this about
>  two months ago?) as taking the medieval recipe and essentially working
>  out a version usable in a modern kitchen- measured amounts, etc.

So, let me get this straight....we have another term for "redaction", as well
as "period"??  Oh my goodness.  Why does that NOT surprise me?  Okay, I'm not
even going to fight this one..."Let it turn, Balthazar...let it turn..."

>  BTW- I've been wondering- do you ever sleep? or work? or leave the
>  computer? My mail volume from Cooks' has shot up significantly since
>  you've been posting and I don't know about anyone else but I'm having
>  trouble keeping up. I mean no offense but perhaps you could think about
>  consolidating things or taking some off-line?

Good grief !!  Now I'm being attacked for having rather prolific opinions :)
If it truly offends, I guess I could "go tell it on the mountain."
Tomorrow's headline to read : "Another Free Thinker Abandons Mailing
List...Status Quo Maintained...Another Naughty Opinion Successfully Stifled!"

Thanks for the ride, folks.  It's been fun.

Balthazar of Blackmoor.

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess