SC - RE: Potatos Again (Was Is Arrowroot Period)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 19:03:30 PDT 2000

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<<  It
 is a great wonder to me that, when it was so common and frequent in
 Italian settlements (so they say), that they feast upon these tubers,
 cooked with the flesh of mutton, >>

It is also a GREAT wonder that this describes basic Irish Stew! Who woulda
thought that Irish stew is actual an Italian dish? Am wondering if the
Italians traded extensively with Ireland and that the dish we know as 'Irish
Stew' actually is an import from Italy? Any thoughts?

Ras