SC - Re: following faithfully

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 10 06:17:53 PDT 2000

No, I don't think it is.  I know from experience that versions of redactions can
vary wildly, the only exception being when the original does give
quantities...which is very rare.  I firmly believe that my version of Cormarye,
that wonderful pork roast recipe, which used the spices mentioned as ingredients
for a marinade and basting sauce, then, when reduced with juices from the
roasts, as a sauce served with the roast, is just as valid as a friend who used
the seasonings as a rub...we produced two very different versions of the same
recipe, both valid.  A mutual friend, a Laurel in cooking, said that it mainly
reflected our own personal styles in cooking meat:  he prefers the use of rubs
and I generally use marinades!

Kiri