SC - Staff rewards

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 10 18:42:53 PDT 2000

>> What I would like to know is how does the various cooks on this List
>>"reward"
>> their assistant chefs, stewarts and servers.  Or do they?   (for this change
>> of topic - please change the SUBJECT LINE to include the word "rewards" or
>> something along that line.  Thanks.

For Coronet in September 1996 I provided a 5kg box of reject chocolate for
the Stewarding Team. I wasn't actually a part of it, but a lot of my
friends were, up to and including my husband (then boyfriend) who was
Baronial Reeve at the time.  It was used for everything, from first aid
situations to soothing frayed tempers  A papercut or slipped knife doesn't
look half as bad when you get chocolate fore your pain, and it's a lot
harder to shout when you have some chocolate in your mouth.  It was the
best spent $25 in my entire life.  While the various people still had their
nervous breakdowns, at least it was done quietly without any really audible
screaming.