SC - Open/Closed Kitchens

Michael Macchione Michael.Macchione at widener.edu
Tue Apr 11 07:28:14 PDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/00 4:25:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
> writes:
>
> << who doesn't drink while cooking or while wearing a basket of fruit on
>  her head. Just not prudent. >>
>
> Why? Are you equating drinking and cooking with drinking and driving?

This reminds me of an event where someone offered the feastocrat a drink
or two as the feast was getting started as thanks for cooking.  Now this
cook was on the small side and hadn't eaten anything all day.  The
alcohol went straight to her head, and she was obviously drunk before the
feast was over.  Luckily people caught on to this and made sure the final
course was served, but it does show why I never drink until the feast is
over and clean up has begun.

> Ras
> (who clearly thinks PC people are  without exception totally insane)

well... not totally insane, but generally go overboard.

Kael