SC - Brussels sprouts, Rosenkohl // What is "Tyffan"? // Bohe mian cookbook 1591?

Tue Apr 11 09:04:07 PDT 2000

I have some conflicting references (tertiary and quaternary sources at best)
for brussels sprouts which place them anywhere from the 13th Century to the
18th Century.

The best potential reference I have seen is that brussels sprouts and
kohlrabi are first mentioned in Rembert Dodoens' (Dodonaeus) "Cruydeboek" of
1554.  I have not been able to locate a copy of this work to verify the
statement.  The original work is in Dutch.

Bear