SC - What is "period"?--off topic

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Tue Apr 11 12:10:30 PDT 2000

[still catching up on backlog.  Sigh.]

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> Sorry if I'm sounding really cynical, but well- maybe I am. I got told
> recently that "14th-15th c. stuff has been done to death and there's
> nothing left to learn there and everyone is bored with it and besides
> cotehardies look stupid."

Look that person in the eye and say "Feh."  Last month, my teacher held
a class on a new way to fit the cotehardie--there were about 20 people
crowded into and bulging out of her little living room to hear it.  And
many of those were remarking how they had to share it with several people
_they_ knew, etc.

My teacher, although a Tudor type, loves to work with the cotehardie because
she says it's a style that makes any woman's shape look terrific.

Vika
14th c. Prague, that's me.  We defenestrate people who make fun of our
cotehardies.