SC - harvesting sumac/web picture

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Apr 11 17:32:48 PDT 2000

Well, if you want to see a picture, I have put it on my website:

 http://www.geocities.com/marilyntraber/therock.html

the single berry between the marker and the fruiting body is about the
size of a coriander seed, or about 3/16 of an inch in diameter. It is a
bit fuzzy, but not so much as a peach. Texturally, it is like a pink or
green peppercorn, or a juniper berry. It has a hard central seed with a
thin papery husk on it after drying. It sort of has to be ground with
something like salt to keep it from turning into a paste.
margali