SC - Open/Closed Kitchens & rewards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 12 06:49:45 PDT 2000

Caointiarn wrote:

I have to think about a special something for  the fellow who came in and
started
working & stayed til every dish was washed.  I hardly know him, and haven't
an idea what would please him.

I had a fellow to do the same thing when I cooked Coronation last fall.  What we
did was to find out when he would be at another event and made arrangements with
the Crowns for a few minutes in their Court.  We have an award in our Barony
that is sort of an "atta boy" type thing, the Baronial Mark of Excellence.  It
can be given multiple times and to folks outside the barony.  We gave this
gentle this award for his efforts at Coronation.  It was a total surprise (does
4 x 4 between the eyes mean anything to you?) and he really seemed to appreciate
the recognition.

Kiri