SC - Question on kosher

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Apr 14 21:49:19 PDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, margali wrote:

(crossposting to SPCA <spca-wascaerfrig at egroups.com> removed)

> I am also debating getting a wrapped set of fork, knife and spoon in
> heavy plastic, and the fiber type of bowl and plate, and 16 oz hot/cold
> cups so we dont have to wash dishes, just throw into the trash...it
> would be nice to not have to deal with other than the cookwares.

(Margali, this is not directed against you, I am just boggled)

In an SCA camp? This bothers me quite a bit, quite apart from any "be
kind to Mother Earth and not use disposable stuff when we don't need to"
leanings. How can you get a "there, in the middle ages, I was" feeling
when you are eating on a paper plate with a plastic fork?

All we do is get a pot of water on the fire as soon as the food is done,
and let it get hot as it burns out. Cleanup is quick and easy, and we
tend to build a "boy-scoutish" dishrack equivalent so no hand drying
(except for knives and such) is needed.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Not at all, really. I mean, unix is dead, but there's a competent
necromancer around to animate it.
		-- Ingvar