SC - Question on kosher

margali margali at 99main.com
Sat Apr 15 05:39:40 PDT 2000

Well, in a 2 week campsite, with anywhere from 15 to 50 eating, to me
ease of cleanup is important. I find the atmosphere in the conversation
and the fod, not in the conveying it to the mouth. Maybe I am wierd, but
providing water in a relatively small area for 50 people to rinse their
personal feastgear a bit much. If it were a weekend camp, I would be
using my feastgear. Logistics for more than 10 people puts a whole new
spin on things.

Besides, last year in camp we had pretty much standard mundane
eatingwares, and wuite the assortment of modern mugs, beer cans and the
like.With the use of the fibre feastgear, it is a renewable resource and
the only nonrecyclable[at least at pennsic] would be the plastic
utensils.
margali

> I am also debating getting a wrapped set of fork, knife and spoon in
> heavy plastic, and the fiber type of bowl and plate, and 16 oz
hot/cold
> cups so we dont have to wash dishes, just throw into the trash...it
> would be nice to not have to deal with other than the cookwares.

(Margali, this is not directed against you, I am just boggled)

In an SCA camp? This bothers me quite a bit, quite apart from any "be
kind to Mother Earth and not use disposable stuff when we don't need to"

leanings. How can you get a "there, in the middle ages, I was" feeling
when you are eating on a paper plate with a plastic fork?