SC - Scrapple-Notes

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 20:43:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/16/00 7:57:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< With [presumably pearl] barley??? Isn't scrapple usually made with
 cornmeal? Seems more like a lowland haggis to me...

 Adamantius >>

I sent a cornmeal version also. :-) As I stated in  my last scrapple recipe
post, I have several recipes. The one with barley seems to be derived from an
Illinois Amish source while the second is a Berks County, PA Dutch recipe
that is more familiar to scrapple lovers. I like them all. :-)

As a side note> After the scrapple is finished and chilled. It can be stored
in the refrigerator for a while but should never be frozen as the texture
suffers considerably and it becomes spongy. TO USE: It is sliced, and browned
on both sides in bacon fat or butter. I serve mine with fried potatoes (no
onion) and soft fried eggs.

Ras