SC - Inter-Kingdom anthropology alert!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 17 20:42:49 PDT 2000

> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:13:19 EDT
> From: LrdRas at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Plastic Ware
>
> In a message dated 4/17/00 7:59:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
> writes:
>
> << Inter-Kingdom anthropology alert!  In some areas, such as my region of
>  the East Kingdom, >>
>
> Intra-kingdom alert. :-)
>
> The shires of Abhainn Ciach Ghlas, Silver Ryll, Endless Hills, Nithgard and
> the Barony of Blackstone almost never have day events but rather almost
> always have weekend camping events. Although some of the shires and the
> barony are now Aethelmearc, they were all until recently East Kingdom. I have
> personally been to 2 day events in 17 years. I don't envision going to
> another one in the next 17 years. :-)
>
> Ras

Well, the East is still a big place, even after AEthelmearc left it.
_Without_ AEthelmearc, we still have over seventy local groups, IIRC,
and many of them, particularly near the larger cities, are in a
situation such as Lady Brighid describes. As I recall, her point was
simply that not everybody camps all the time.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com