SC - Things that affect cooking

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 18 08:56:56 PDT 2000

Leanna said, "IMHO, comments about religion, personal life choices, etc have no place here."

Well, to an extent they do.  Christians who must observe the Lenten fast or Jews who observe Passover, or keep kosher to one degree or another, Muslims during Ramadan and otherwise concerning their food restraints, and so on -- in these ways religion affects food, and preparation thereof.

Personal life choices can include vegetarianism in all its different formats.  Now, I have no idea how sexual preference affects one's ability in the kitchen or at table, but I can understand how a vegetarian might have certain constraints that affect the meals they can eat.  Some, even, might be restricted from planning or cooking a feast if they object sufficiently to animal muscle and other parts to include them on the menu.

I think I missed the sexual preference commentary (been getting about six digests a day, and just skimming unless the title catches my interest), but that one has no relevance that I can understand to cookery, unless we're getting back to the dinner scene in "Tom Jones" or someone wants to offer up alleged aphrodisiacs for a cooking competition or Love Revel Feast.

And them's my tuppence.

                             ---= Morgan

 ....who thinks the existing rock looks awfully crowded!