SC - Reactionary posts and what this list is about- An apology

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Apr 18 11:10:21 PDT 2000

My apologies, Gunthar.

My thought when posting the Weather and Gays thing was that we were getting
way too antsy, with people perceiving bashing of all sorts in everything,
and I thought that a distraction might get people being a bit less
sensitive- a good laugh generally has that effect.

It's been a problem on several Lists I've been reading lately- you don't
want to know what I had to say to the Equestrian List a little bit ago ;-)

But you're right. I personally joined this List because I was interested in
Historical Cooking in primarily an SCA context. with contacts to be made
with people of similar interests. I really would like to see more on that,
and less on "Them" bashing, of any sort.

For the record, there are only one group of "Thems" that I have a problem
with- idiots, and their determinedly ignorant supporters. Anything else,
whether race, religion, or all that other stuff, including species, simply
makes potential friends more interesting.....

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous