SC - reasonably safe water at Pennsic

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Wed Apr 19 09:16:57 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: SC - reasonably safe water at Pennsic

> Don't know why you folks are panicking about the water at Pennsic, and the
> port-a-castle two step. I've been going to Pennsic since 22, and have
never
> had any digestion problems which could be attributed to the water- mine
have
> all been a quick trip the the bathroom first thing in the morning
following
> an overindulgence in beer the night before.
>
> I'm also a Chirurgeon, since Pennsic XXV, and I can tell you right now I'd
> know if there had been any epidemics of diarhea- it's one of those things,
<snip>
> Now, granted I'm known to drink a lot of beer, but I drink water, Pennsic
> water, all through my daily shifts at Pennsic. If the water was bad, it
> would hit me, trust me.
>
> Philippa Farrour
> Caer Frig
> Southeastern Ohio
Perhaps this is the answer - Philippa, you're from Ohio, which is not to far
from where pennsic is held, therefore your body is used to the local bugs in
the water system. However, if someone from a farther area, say the Outlands
or Caid, come to Pennsic, their body is used to compleatly different flora
and fauna in the water and their intestines get the shock of their life at
the first swallow.
Beatrix
(who had a mild case of this when she moved from the Southwestern bit of
Missouri to the Northeastern bit of Iowa)