SC - was meat in a can, now siggys hair

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 19 16:39:45 PDT 2000

When I went through chemotherapy, I lost about half of my hair.  When what I'd
lost began to grow back, my hairdresser and doctor both recommended that I have
the really long stuff that had remained cut off short so as not to look
strange...you know, the really short hair amongst the really long ones (down
below my waist).  So my hairdresser put my hair into a single long braid
starting at the nape of my neck and cut it off (then dove for cover in case I
started throwing things).  I still have the braid.  I put it into a braid case
and wear it with Italian Ren dresses.  The first time I did this, my hair was
still quite short.  Someone asked me if the braid was my own hair, to which I
could truthfully respond, "Yes"...  My hair is now long again, and I still use
the braid on occasion!

Kiri