SC - Chickpeas

catwho at bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 20 12:50:13 PDT 2000

> Dried chickpeas take longer to cook the older they are. I made the Brodo
> using canned chickpeas and it was fantastic. The difference between canned
> and dried is that you don't have to precook them. They are done. Before the
> fresh/unprocessed crowd chimes in, there is little if any difference between
> canned chickpeas and those made from scratch. The ingredients listed were
> chickpeas, water and salt. I used the broth as part of the recipe and used
> additional salt to taste.

Actually the difference is cost.  I can buy a pound of dry chick
peas for less than a dollar and when cooked I have my large crock pot
full.  I can buy a 10-1/2 oz can of cooked chickpeas for around $1.29
 When weighing the two options for making a meal for a large group, I
would prefer to go with dry just for pure cost effectiveness.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html