SC - Complaints at feasts

catwho at bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 20 12:57:42 PDT 2000

> > If you have posted the listing, you have "covered yourself", to be polite!
> > Because then, if a person eats something they shouldn't, it is their own
> doing.
> > You can be symnpathetic, but you are not at fault!

MNSHO here, but it is the responsibility of the one with the allergy
to find out what is in the food.  Yes;  it should be expected that
the cook  post the ingredients list with the names of the dishes
being prepared.  I have a child with a severe allergy to red dye #40.
 Fortunately, it wasn't a period food coloring.  However it is
something that i have to be aware of.  My daughter is eligible for
free lunches at school (we still haven't figure out how!)  but she
always takes her lunch because of the fear that something might
contain a potential allergen and I don't expect the county food
service to prepare meals around her allergy.  The same holds true of
my younger daughter who is allergic to pistachios.  No other nuts,
just pistachios.  I want to know if a dish contains pistachios, but I
don't expect the cooks to prepare something else to substitute for
her missing a certain dish.  When she is queen then I would expect
it.

Melbrigda, always on the look out for a good marriage for her
daughters.