food and appearance...was Re: SC - quick important note

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 20 14:32:24 PDT 2000

> When involved with a wonderful cook guild in An Tir (wah) we were
> working on feast for one of the Lion's Tourneys and made a wonderful
> meat potage.  It tasted great, but we decided against serving it
> because it looked horrible.  We figured we might as well stick with
> something that not only tasted good but looked good too!  LOL!!  Too
> bad we couldn't convince the head cook not to serve the fish soup
> (which we had enough of after the event to bathe in.)
> Melbrigda

My solution to a "horrible looking stew" was to make dumplings so it formed
a layer over the top.  It might not have been period, but it saved us from a
seriously underestimated feast.  There was no choice but to serve it, and
while it tasted yummy, it looked sort of grey green (no food poisoning was
reported, and none was returned to the kitchen).  Of course this was in the
days when Fabulous Feasts was considered a top of the line source :->

Regina Romsey>