SC - Dangers of pressure cookers

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 19:51:07 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 3:02:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< Especially since the instruction manual for the new Mirro cooker we just
 bought specifically says running cool water over it is a way to quicken
 the cool-down time.  I guess we won't be trying that method anytime soon!
 Christianna >>

<Sigh> Modern pressure cookers designed for home use are COMPLETELY different
from the commercial cooker which seems to have everyone over reacting. If you
follow the manufacturer's instructions no harm will come, Christianna.

Methinks that the horror story referencing commercial pressure cookers has
taken an inappropriate jump into the home cooker arena with the resulting
inappropriate application of worries surrounding  commercial cookers. :-( I
think you are over reacting, my dear friend.

Ras