food and appearance...was Re: SC - quick important note

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 20 20:32:18 PDT 2000

That's why preparing "practice feasts" are oh so important.

> Melbrigda

	Oh, it wasn't entirely our fault.  As someone mentioned, cookware can
sometimes add "colour" to things, and this seems to be part of what
happened, along with some seriously overcooked veggies, thanks to a
miscalculation of when feast cold be served.
	The real problem was that the Autocrat (me) told the Head Cook to cook for
100, then the Exchequer for the event told her to cook for 35.  Want to
guess who was right?  We had a glorious spring day, a real castle, and not
enough food for the 120 people who showed up.
	It was long ago, and far away, and no one went away hungry (loaves and
fishes? Piker!)

Regina