SC - illusion foods

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 22 00:21:29 PDT 2000

> hey all from Anne-Marie
>
> Seumas says:
> >(mind starts to spin.....April 1 feast some year.....Spam
> >Cormarye....heh, heh....and a roast and gilded chicken sitting on a
> >gingerbread throne.....with crown)
> >
> >See what she has to put up with? [referring to his fiance]
>
> does anyone rembmer the illusion banquet done by the madrone Culinary guild
> some years ago (it was before I moved here, so it must have been 10 years
> ago at least)
>
> see, the guild was feeling a bit frisky, so they prepared this menu....
> nothing was as it seemed. The "cherry pies" were actually beet, where
> someone made "cherries" with a melon baller. the custard was actually
> garlic flavored. The "hardboiled eggs" were actually blown out and filled
> with chocolate...except the one that was left raw. that kind of thing.

Is the feast you mention the one in this file in the FEASTS section of
the Florilegium? If not, it sounds similar:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

Those interested in these ideas might also find these files of interest:
In the FOOD section:
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net