SC - Determining Duck Doneness

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:40:01 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/22/00 5:47:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

> There were a couple of pages of
>  documentation of various ways that duck was prepared in period sources.

Here's a question for the list.  Does anyone have any information on when a
medieval cook might have considered his duck "done"?  I, personally, like it
very rare (just looking at it harshly is usually sufficient for me), but have
not seen enough period duck recipes to ascertain the medieval norm.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess