SC - Cooking Laurels

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 11:52:43 PDT 2000

>I am an apprentice.

I've wondered about this for a long time.  Is apprentiship a requirement for
eventually getting a laurel?  Or just a tradition that you can get around by
doing everything that much more loudly, obviuosly and longer in order to get
the laurels who are busy singing and lace-making and etc. to notice? What if
you don't know a cooking laurel you feel close enough, as in location as
well as in compatability, to make such a commitment to?

The reason I joined to this list was because I didn't find anyone at the
local level that thought the research and testing of old recipes was a fun
way to play with food. I've met some since then but they are at the same
level I am.  I've since learned there is a cooking laurel in this kingdom,
but I've never met her face to face and wouldn't be able to work with her in
person even if we weren't moving away.  Then again, if I were apprenticed,
perhaps that would change the events I would choose to attend, because of
having a laurel to need to see.

Bonne