SC - Indian cookbook

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 14:43:10 PDT 2000

Cariadoc,

I don't know where you have been looking for the "Ain
I Akbari", but I have found at least 25 libraries in
the US alone that have various translations/editions
of this in English and Persian.  There are 4 libraries
in California alone that have various translations and
editions.

You can find this in UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa
Barbara and the Huntington Library in San Marino.

Also, NY Public, Yale, Harvard, U. of Minnesota, U. of
Michigan, U. of Chicago, U. of Florida, Rutgers, U. of
Syracuse, Suny Buffalo, Cornell, U. of Pennsylvania,
Princeton, Brown and U. of Iowa.  There are 6 museums
who have this listed in their collections.

This is the most recent printing:

Abu al-Fazl ibn Mubarak, 1551-1602.
  The Ain-i Akbari / by Abul-Fazl Allami ; translated
into English by H. Blockmann ; edited by D.C.
Phillipp.  Delhi : Low Prince Publications, 1997.
  3 v. in 2 (Bibliotheca Indica : work no. 61)

ISBN 818614224X

If there are any other books that you have problems
finding, just let me know.  I will try to find them
for you.

Huette