SC - Cooking Laurels

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 24 15:17:59 PDT 2000

I have come to the general conclusion that there isn't any "way to become a
cooking Laurel"....it seems to vary from Kingdom to Kingdom and from candidate
to candidate.  Much the same way it works for Pelicans.  Different people have
different ways of considering who should get a peerage for what, so there's just
no set way to define it.

I don't have a Laurel...I'm a Pelican, and not for anything having to do with
cookery.  In fact, I've never gotten any sort of award for my cooking, though
folks seem to enjoy my feasts, which are period and come from recipes I have
redacted myself,...and published in much the same way Adamantius describes.
Please understand--I'm not complaining.  I'm just making it very clear that if
you do this for anything other than the joy of doing it, the joy of making
others happy (with full, happy tummies) and learning an incredible amount of
information, then you should give it up as a bad job because I don't know of
anyone who can give you a set formula for getting a peerage in anything!
(Although we did have a King recently who came into our Pelican meeting and
demanded that we do just that...and refused to add any more Companions to our
order until we did so!!!!)

Kiri