OOP Re: SC - bread pudding

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 01:19:39 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/24/00 6:57:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

>  I will look up the recipe for the whiskey sauce, which
>  is "nummy", not "nunny".  Of course, this is a modern
>  recipe, which should be obvious.

My version of Whiskey Sauce follows;

1 cup Sugar
1 up water

4 oz butter
1/2 cup Heavy cream (35% butterfat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup whiskey

Combine sugar, water and salt in a heavy sauce pan, and bring to a boil
(being careful not to let it boil over.)  Boil until the liquid turns deep
golden, and coats the back of a spoon (be careful, it will burn easily at
this point).

Remove from the heat, and slowly drizzle in the cream, stirring constantly.
When the mixture has cooled slightly, add the butter a little at a time, and
stir to incorporate.  Add the whiskey and blend.  Refrigerate or serve while
still warm.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.