SC - Re: Determing Laurel Doneness

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 25 05:16:34 PDT 2000

Kiri wrote:
>Now wait a minute...why would you want to steal a Pelican?  From personal
>experience and self-knowledge, I can tell you that you really wouldn't want to
>do such a thing as the "bird" in question would make your life miserable!

Now, hold on just a moment...  One never needs to steal a Pelican.  Just
mention that there's a job that needs to be done and you can't find anyone
to do it.  The Bird will flap up and volunteer.  We have self-basting birds;
this is a self-trapping bird.  Pelicans, with their big mouths, are always
opening them to say "Well, if no one else will take the job..."

Alys Katharine, OP (and Pennsic Class Coordinator for PW 24, 26, 27, 28, 29 and
the upcoming 30)