SC - Waffles

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 20:13:14 PDT 2000

- --- "catwho at bellsouth.net" <catwho at bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> > Actually it makes the medieval wafres. You can get
> them savory with cheese
> > or sweet with wine and sugar. It really depends on
> which recipe you use. I don't
> >
> > have a recipe on me at work but if nobody posts
> any by tomorrow I'll look some
> > up.
> >

> Is this like a flat decorative griddle like the
> pizzelle makers?
> They would be flat on one side and decorative on the
> other?  Or are
> they decorative on both sides?  (Decorative being
> anywhere from
> floraly to little squares of today's waffle irons)
>
> Curiouser and Curiouser cried,
>
> Melbrigda
> There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
> induction that hath made her to condescende
> therunto

All the pictures that I mentioned before are of the
regular waffle type, with the squares, some are square
and some are round and/or oval.  I haven't seen any
pictures of anything similar to the pizzelle, but that
doesn't mean that that can't be used.  Some of the
German recipes seem to call for something more
decorative like the pizzelle, and with the very
elaborate molds that the Germans made and used, I
wouldn't put it beyond them to have made and used
something similar to the pizzelle.

Huette