SC - Disappointed

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Apr 26 14:40:27 PDT 2000

    I beg your pardon? I try to keep things light and happy, but I
contribute here along with everybody else. The only other SCA lists I'm on
are the Trimarian and Pelican listservers. The 'silliness' I was dealing
with today on the Trimarian listserver was the appearance and proliferation
of the KAKWorm virus, which is vectored by e-mail. I told people how to
detect and eradicate this virus. Anyone on the Trimaris.org listserver can
verify this, thank you very much.
    I just started a new 'IDEAS FORUM' thread on the Kingdom listserver, and
have already dealt with a couple of thorny issues. My 'silliness' is a way
to deal with serious issues without getting egos involved.
    The issue I was dealing with on the Pelican list today (not that I think
it's any of your business) was fealty to the crown, and the types of oaths
used. Silly is as silly does.
    If you didn't receive a rousing welcome, perhaps it's because you didn't
introduce yourself, and give us an idea of who you are, what your interests
and experiences might be. According to my logs, you have made a total of 2
comments on this list, neither of which had anything to do with cooking in
the last 2 weeks. One regarded the length of your hair, and the other the
kitchen at LaNoChe!
    If you haven't learned anything while subscribed to this list, that's
entirely YOUR problem. In the last few days, I have learned several new and
interesting things, and have saved several good recipes. If you haven't,
then what can I say? We can teach, but not force you to learn. This isn't a
college, this is a list where we try to enjoy our art. You want to grump?
Ok, grump. Just grump quietly.
    And forgive me, but the adjectives 'elitist, un-welcoming and cold' are
about as far off the mark as I can possibly imagine.

    Sieggy