SC - igrounden

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 27 05:19:04 PDT 2000

I had my first real encounter with trying to read large quantities of Middle
English last summer when preparing for the Coronation feast last fall.  I
discovered, along the lines of what you said, Sieggy, that reading the recipes
aloud made them easier to understand.  That and the glossary that usually exists
in the back of these books...I know there's one at the end of Curye on
Inglysche.  I recently checked with an acquaintance who is working on an
advanced degree in Middle English, and she said that my way of dealing with
trying to understand the written word is the best way to do it!   Boy, that made
me feel good!

Kiri