SC - Books on the shielf

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 15:31:47 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/27/2000 4:44:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wpmay at hotmail.com writes:

<<  as to books here is what i have on the shielf: >>

Most of these look pretty good, but I would suggest making a note to yourself
to only use Fabulous Feasts for the introductory material about how feasts
were served, etc. There are no original sources in the book or even given for
the recipes, so there is no way to figure out how accurately they were
followed, or even if they existed.  The few recipes from Fab Feasts I've been
able to identify are all pretty far from the originals -the most obvious
example being the "Joutes" recipe.  The originals of these are usally a thick
soup with lots of greens (spinach and the like), the Fab Feasts version is a
dish of cooked beetroots in an herbed sauce.

Brangwayna Morgan