SC - [Fwd: [Shire X] Oh, My, so This is what they eat in CAID . . . .]

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 28 12:50:07 PDT 2000

> You have _GOT_ to see this...

I believe this list was posted before. It got us into a long discussion
and trading pact over Musk Lifesavers as I recall.

> >8. Meeter's Kraut Juice (Stokely USA):

Okay. This rates 4 icks on the 1-5 Ick meter.

> >7. Guycan Corned Mutton with Juices Added (Bedessee Imports):

The sad sheep and the "cooked mutton" with "mutton" ingredients make me
want to see a can, if not what is in it.

A 3 on the ick meter.

> >6. Armour Pork Brains in Milk Gravy (Dial Corp.):

Sorry, Ras, you ain't gonna get me to eat brains. Especially in gravy.
A perfect 5 icks.

> >5. Sweet Sue Canned Whole Chicken (Sweet Sue Kitchens, Inc.):

Having been in the military and fought for the canned chicken, as well as using
this stuff in quick Ramen noodle chicken soup I found it pretty good. Only 1 ick

for appearance.

> >4. Musk Life Savers (Nestle Confectionery): You may think musk is a scent,
> >but over in Australia, they think it's a candy flavor. A candy flavor that
> >tastes disturbingly like raw meat,to be precise. But what did you expect
> >from a country where everyone happily consumes Vegemite?

Never had this but I LIKE raw meat. And Vegemite.
Ick meter pending upon further investigation.

> >3. Blind Robins Smoked Ocean Herring (recently discontinued by Bar Food
> >Products):

Having eaten smoked salmon, smoked oysters, smoked whiting and assorted
other preserved fish this sounds tasty. I could be wrong. No icks.

> >2. Kylmaenen Reindeer Pate` (Kylmaenen Oy):

Once again. This doesn't sound so bad. 2 icks simply because it has the
potential
to be truly icky.

> >1. Tengu Clam Jerky (Tengu Co.):

You mean clams aren't already jerky? I can only imagine pounded, marinated and
dried clams. Smoked clams are tasty but jerky? 3 icks.

Your Ick Meter May Vary.

Yers,

Gunthar