Subject: SC - Humoral Theory revisited (briefly, I hope)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Apr 29 15:42:46 PDT 2000

> Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 05:26:42 EDT
> From: CBlackwill at aol.com
> Subject: SC - Humoral Theory revisited (briefly, I hope)
>
> In a message dated 4/28/00 7:20:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> >  I wonder if perhaps, as today, people in period did ignore the
> >  advice of their doctors, but had their tastes in food shaped to some
> >  extent by medical opinion anyway.
> >

> This seems likely.  People in general seem to have the best of intentions
> when they set out to "eat properly", but generally lose the momentum when
> confronted with a tantalizing piece of cheese wrapped in bacon and deep fried
> in fat.  Num Num!
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love all the components therein, and if
sufficiently hungry could cram down almost two ounces of the lipidinous
delights. It's just, well, too much of a good thing. Kinda like eating a
stick of butter.

Another consideration is what you eat this with... maybe with a good
salad of, say, watercress, endive and Boston lettuce, maybe a
mushroom-stock vinaigrette (sherry vinegar, ooh baby!), I'd have less of
a problem than with the dish showing up as an accompaniment to a shell
steak.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy