Subject: Re: SC - Quince Pastes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 30 09:54:29 PDT 2000

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 05:36:00 EDT
> From: Mordonna22 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Quince Pastes
>
> In a message dated 4/29/2000 9:44:26 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> CBlackwill at aol.com writes:
>
> <<
>  Weigh the puree and pour it into a pan with 1 3/4 cups sugar to each 2 cups
>  puree. >>
>
> Uh, one question.  Why do you weigh the puree?
> :-)
>
> Mordonna the Cook,

To determine the amount of sugar needed, without having to worry about
things like bubbles in the puree throwing off a volume measurement. Of
course, the fact that a volume meaurement follows may discount some of
the punch of this argument, but hey, I only work here... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com